Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Detox products have become very popular in recent years, and detox teas are one of them.
Many of these products state that you should use them once a day to keep you regular and help you lose weight.
Last update on 2020-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What does detox tea do?
These teas work by making you lose your body’s water weight, and sometimes they have a laxative effect, which can contribute to making your body look and feel slimmer.
However, it’s worth noting that they don’t cause lasting weight loss.
That said, a detox tea that contains healthy ingredients instead of harmful chemicals can have positive effects on your body.
An example is a green tea, which is packed with antioxidants that encourage weight loss.
If you’re interested in trying a detox tea, we’ve rounded up five of the most promising.
Let’s start with the best detox tea: find the perfect blend to make you feel good.
Best Detox Tea
Best Overall: Baetea 14-Day Teatox Herbal Detox Tea
With healthy ingredients such as green tea, this detox tea is very popular on Amazon.
Here’s what you should know about it.
- This detox tea contains acai to cleanse the body. It’s also said to rev up your metabolism as well as give you more energy.
- It can also help you lose weight. It does this by containing superfood nutrients, such as those of green tea and ginger, which suppress your appetite so you eat less throughout the day.
- It’s said that this tea could reduce bloating, thanks to its healthy ingredients. Ginger, for example, has been used for centuries to decrease bloating.
- Some women have experienced side effects such as late periods, so it’s good to be aware of the detox tea’s side effects. As with any detox tea, there will be some side effects of which you should be aware of. You can see them on the product’s Amazon page.
- Other people who have tried the tea have said that the taste wasn’t nice, so you might have to sweeten it with some honey.
This tea detox costs around $25 and you get 14 teabags in the pack. The manufacturer recommends only using one tea bag a day.
Runner-Up: Zero Tea 14 Day Detox Tea
If you’re interested in going on a tea detox but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, a product such as Zero Tea is right for you because it offers some great benefits without costing a lot.
- This tea has the goal of stimulating the body’s processing of fats, boosting blood circulation, and giving the body a lot of healthy antioxidants and vitamins.
- So, what are its ingredients? Zero Tea contains green tea, rooibos, cornflower, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. It contains organic ingredients, such as its green tea.
- It tastes really good. It’s been said to taste like a cider, which really makes drinking it much more palatable.
- It doesn’t contain Senna leaf, which is considered to be a natural laxative. This is an important point since so many detox teas do contain Senna or other laxatives that can cause side effects.
- Some users have complained that their bag of tea contained a fake coupon inside that encouraged them to sign up online to receive a free bag. However, this doesn’t have anything to do with the actual product quality.
This teatox costs around $15, so it’s much cheaper than the previous tea on our list.
It’s worth purchasing for its many benefits, most of all because it doesn’t contain Senna.
Alternatives: 28 Days Bedtime Cleanse Tea: Detox Skinny Herb Tea
While the previous teas on our list have been ones that you take for 14 days, this is one that you take every day for 28 days. Here’s what you should know about it.
- It’s said to be a tea to promote weight loss, and that’s large because it suppresses your appetite so you don’t engage in unhealthy snacking.
- It’s got ingredients such as buckthorn bark, orange peel, peppermint leaf, chamomile flowers, marshmallow root, Senna leaf, rosehip, and bearberry leaf.
- It’s a detox tea that helps to regulate your body, but the manufacturer states that some people will need to infuse the tea for longer than two minutes in order to get their bodies working in the morning. Some users have commented that they use tea twice a week to keep their bodies feeling good.
- Some users have reported that they would like to purchase the product in bulk because of its high price, but there are sometimes promotions that ensure the more you purchase the more you can save so it’s worth keeping an eye out for those on Amazon.
This teatox costs $35.
While it is a bit more expensive than other detox teas you can find on the market, it’s a must to try if you’re interested in cleansing your body or just want to use it regularly to deal with gastrointestinal issues you might be experiencing.
Zija Premium Moringa Miracle Tea
The first thing that will strike you about this product is its classy, dark green packaging.
It looks professional and of high quality. Here’s what you need to know about it.
- This is a tea that you use at night and it boosts your system to work so that you can be regular. Some users have reported that it helps them with conditions such as constipation.
- The tea contains Eastern and Western herbs that assist the body with digestion, get rid of toxins that fat cells release during the process of weight loss.
- It works as a laxative as well as a diuretic. Some of its main ingredients are orange peel, buckthorn farang bark, and Senna leaf.
- Although it is quite a pricey cleanse tea, some users have commented that you can use it once a week.
- The tea contains chamomile flowers to assist restful sleep, which is why you should consume it before bedtime to help you feel relaxed.
- Senna leaf is the main ingredient in this tea.
Although this tea costs around $50 on Amazon, it does contain 47 packets of tea.
Yogi Tea – Detox Tea – Healthy Cleansing Formula
It’s not every day that you find a detox tea that’s not only good for your body’s cleansing functions but also good for the environment.
This one’s a must to purchase if you’re a green warrior!
- This tea has a lovely flavor, thanks to its ingredients. It makes use of “trikatu,” which is a traditional Ayurvedic spice combination of black pepper, ginger, and long pepper. It also has cinnamon and cardamom.
- It’s said to clean the body with its cleansing herbs such as burdock and dandelion, which is a natural diuretic.
- It’s free of caffeine, which seems to be a staple in many detox teas. This is especially good if you’re sensitive to caffeine’s effects.
- One of the best features about this detox tea is that it’s completely organic. It’s been certified organic by the USDA and it’s also got no GMOs, so you don’t have to worry that you’re not consuming pure ingredients. In addition to that, it’s safe to consume if you’re vegan or sensitive to gluten.
- If you like to protect the environment, and you really should, you’ll be pleased to know that this tea comes in bags that you can later put in your compost so that nothing goes to waste.
- You have to be patient when steeping this tea as it requires seven minutes of steeping. In addition, some people who want a stronger tea will have to use two tea bags, which can cause the product to run out quickly.
- If you’re wondering about the taste of this tea, people who’ve tried it have said that it’s got a gentle herbal taste and aroma which makes it a fantastic tea to try if you’ve hated the taste of other cleanse teas. However, others have stated that the taste is bad, so you might have to add ingredients to it to make it taste better, such as lemon or honey.
This Yogi tea costs around $25 on Amazon.
It’s cost-effective and the pretty blue and yellow packaging alone will want to make you purchase it.
Detox Tea FAQ
What do detox teas actually do?
If you’re interested in using detox teas to cleanse your body and help you shed pounds, you might love the fact that people have reviewed them as being a way to become trimmer.
Even celebrities have said they use the best detox tea for weight loss.
But here’s the skinny on detox teas and what they can actually do.
Detox teas often have a laxative effect.
This can be seen with ingredients such as Senna leaf, a natural laxative, that’s found in many detox teas.
By encouraging food you’ve eaten to pass through your digestive tract, this can cause you to feel and look slimmer on your abdomen, such as by reducing bloating.
However, detox teas on their own won’t really cause you to lose weight and keep it off, Healthline reports.
When you use detox teas to cleanse your body, you’re basically just boosting your body’s functions of expulsion.
That’s why it’s said that detox teas will flush your body of toxins, such as if you’ve been eating unhealthy foods in your diet.
By speeding up their removal, you’re getting rid of them with the use of a detoxifying tea, helping your body to work better.
Some detox teas also help your gastrointestinal issues because of their healthy ingredients, such as ginger.
You can also find detox teas that you take at night which can help to promote more restful sleep.
But there’s no “magic” in these claims – the presence of relaxing ingredients such as chamomile flower are what help you to feel more relaxed before bedtime.
An example of a tea that contains chamomile is 28 Days Bedtime Cleanse Tea: Detox Skinny Herb Tea, which we’ve featured in our buying guide.
However, bear in mind that there might be other ingredients in the detox tea that result in poor sleep, such as large amounts of caffeine.
Do detox teas really work?
When it comes to weight loss, you might want to lose those extra pounds with detox teas, but these teas are not a miracle weight-loss method.
What they do achieve, however, is making you lose water weight.
This is enhanced by the fact that many detox teas contain caffeine that acts as a natural diuretic, which encourages the body to pass water through bowel movements, as well as urine, as Healthline reports.
So, if you’re hoping for a lasting weight-loss strategy, it’s important to know that you can’t rely on detox teas alone to give you what you want.
As mentioned earlier, detox teas often contain laxatives to help you expel waste from your body as part of their cleansing effects.
However, this isn’t something that should be done on a regular basis.
As Grazia explains, a laxative such as Senna will stimulate the working of your bowels, but if you rely on it too much then your body stops being able to function on its own, which can cause problems such as constipation.
Some detox teas do contain healthy ingredients that are said to assist the body with various issues, such as gastrointestinal issues like irritable bowel syndrome.
For example, the presence of peppermint in tea can help to alleviate symptoms from these conditions.
In addition, the use of ingredients such as orange peel can improve your digestion.
So, the presence of these ingredients in detox teas can have some benefits for you.
Does detox tea help lose belly fat?
If you’ve ever tried detox teas, you might have noticed that your abdomen looked flatter and slimmer.
This is certainly an effect that’s caused by detox teas, however, it’s not something that will last.
It’s caused by how to detox teas flush excess water out of your body.
This makes your stomach appear flattered, but it is short-lived. You can’t depend on detox teas to make your body slimmer.
You need to have a healthy diet and follow an exercise plan in order to achieve that.
However, detox teas can make it seem as though you’ve shed extra weight, which is why some people use them before a special occasion.
What are the side effects of detoxing?
Every detox tea will have some side effects.
Although these won’t affect everyone, in the same way, they’re still important to know.
One of the scariest side effects of detox teas is dehydration.
This is caused by the use of diuretics, such as dandelion, that make your body lose water.
In addition, the presence of laxatives in detox teas can also make you lose water from your colon.
However, it’s not just water that’s flushed out of your body.
As Grazia reports, you will also lose important electrolytes, such as sodium and potassium.
These are essential for your heart and muscles so that they can work at their best.
The site goes on to say that if you regularly flush your body out with detoxes, such as by drinking detox tea, this could cause damage to your body, such as by giving you an irregular heart rhythm.
There are other side effects of detoxing. These include:
- Increased bowel movements. This can be a nuisance and cause you discomfort. Detoxing, and the use of detox teas will cause you to have more regular bowel movements. However, you might experience diarrhea or even constipation.
- Headaches. When you detox, you risk dehydration, and that can cause headaches. You might also experience headaches from caffeine and sugar withdrawal.
- Tiredness. You might experience tiredness and even fatigue during a cleanse or detox. This is because your body’s being pushed, such as with the more frequent bowel movements, and this can take the strain on you.
It’s important to tread with caution when taking detox teas if you’re on other medication.
Flushing your body of waste can cause medication you’re taking not to be properly absorbed by the body.
In addition, if the detox tea contains grapefruit, this can increase the effects of your medication and result in serious side effects, as Healthline reports.
What tea is good for liver detox?
In our guide, we’ve featured the best liver detox tea: it’s the Yogi Detox Tea that’s filled with organic ingredients.
This is a tea that’s been reviewed by The Spruce for being a great liver-detoxing tea because it flushes toxins out of the liver.
This is achieved by the fact that it contains dandelion roots and burdock.
As the site explains, both of these ingredients have been used traditionally for liver support.
When it comes to using the best liver detox tea, it’s worth bearing in mind that liver cleanses aren’t backed by scientific evidence.
As Medical News Today reports, a healthy liver will cleanse itself naturally.
On the other hand, if a liver is unhealthy, it will not improve by being put on a liver cleanse.
The presence of liver disease requires a person to seek medical treatment as well as make healthier lifestyle changes, such as when it comes to their diet.
So, if you’re interested in trying a detox tea, make sure you don’t have an underlying liver (or other) condition that could be worsened by the side effects experienced from the detox.
If you’re interested in purchasing a detox tea, we’ve outlined five of the best ones that you can find on the market.
We’ve also given you information about what detox teas are all about, what side effects you should be aware of when using them, as well as why you should tread carefully with them if you have health conditions.
You should also treat them with a pinch of salt, such as when it comes to using them for weight loss.
As with anything you add to your diet, don’t expect it to perform miracles and, above all, use it safely.
Read detox tea results, such as those in our buying guide, so that you’re well informed of products before purchasing them.